Leads and/or coordinates project groups to achieve goals and oversees and ensures the attainment of agreed professional standards Provides advice, guidance and technical assistance in the execution of various environmental health and management projects and programmes. Supports the work of the technical staff in the acquisition or preparation of technical data and information related to environmental health and management. Promotes a culture of systems thinking and works in close collaboration with other technical units/departments within and outside of the Agency.
- To collaborate with the Head of Department to develop and implement a workplan and ensure delivery of activities within the workplan that are their responsibility, and ensure monitoring and evaluation of related activities;
- To act as lead officer for assigned work streams and carry out activities to strengthen the capacity of CARPHA, CMS and relevant institutions to support planning, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of policies and strategies for environmental health and sustainable development in the region;
- To provide sound technical advice and support, and to ensure that communications with Member States, the public sector, the private sector and others meets the highest standards;
- To be responsible for taking the operational lead on the implementation of complex and/or sensitive projects, working on their own initiative;
- To demonstrate a proactive approach when working towards achieving individual and team targets;
- To work in partnership with other agencies, and establish a wide network of diverse technical partnerships and collaborations fully within CARPHA and across technical teams, with external agencies, academia, the private sector and international agencies;
- To prepare technical and other reports as required, including financial and other numerical analysis, in relation to any duties undertaken;
Kindly refer to the attached Terms of Reference for additional details on the required qualifications, experience and competencies.
Applications, including Job Applicant's Profile Summary Form, Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant documents must be submitted by December 12, 2020 to:
Human Resource Department
Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA)
P.O. Box 164
PORT OF SPAIN, TRINIDAD