Summary of Responsibilities
1. Provides technical and managerial leadership to unit staff, managing the day-to-day activities and promoting communication, coordination and collaboration within the Environmental Health & Sustainable Development Department, across all Departments in the Division and beyond.
2. Facilitates the preparation, development and implementation of the relevant workplans, departmental environmental surveillance reports, EHSD laboratory surveillance strategy and other relevant data and ensures the monitoring and evaluation of unit activities.
3. Participates in formulating operational and strategic policies and assessing the need for additional resources and new developments for the Environmental Health & Sustainable Development Department.
4. Responsible for the management of the Environmental Health & Sustainable Development Unit quality management system in collaboration with the laboratory manager and ensures that a high quality technical and scientific service is maintained, improving and updating methodology as necessary.
5. Ensures all documentation (paper and electronic) used within the department is controlled, used appropriately, maintained, kept accurate and up to date and archived appropriately.
6. Manages the departmental budget within the areas of responsibility, on behalf of CARPHA's senior management, ensuring that CARPHA's Financial Protocols are adhered to at all times.
7. Ensures that resources are used effectively and efficiently as part of the budget management process.
8. Provides professional leadership to unit staff encouraging development, monitoring standards and implementing change.
Kindly refer to the attached Terms of Reference for additional details on the required qualifications, experience and competencies.
Applications, including Job Applicant's Profile Summary Form, Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant documents must be submitted by April 30, 2021 to:
Human Resource Department
Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA)
P.O. Box 164
PORT OF SPAIN, TRINIDAD