CARPHA's mission is to provide strategic direction, in analysing, defining and responding to public health priorities of Member States, in order to prevent disease, promote health and to respond to public health emergencies. To support solidarity in health, as one of the principal pillars of functional cooperation, in the Caribbean Community.
Work consists of a variety of tasks that are carried out in accordance with prescribed standardized administrative practices and procedures; guidance concerning their applicability and interpretation is readily available. Working contacts are with staff members at all levels in the office and occasionally with individuals outside the office, requiring in-depth knowledge of CARPHA's systems, policies and procedures.
Summary of Responsibilities
• Undertakes a wide range of administrative functions including the drafting and preparation of correspondence, standardized forms, reports, manuals, tables, charts and other documents, using appropriate software applications.
• Reviews typed correspondence for completeness of text, copies, enclosures and grammatical correctness, in accordance with established relevant practices and procedures, recommending changes as appropriate.
• Receives incoming correspondence and other documentation, assembles background information and takes the necessary action on routine matters.
• Develops and maintains a computerized and manual filing system for easy retrieval of contacts, files, documents etc. compiles background data and information as required from files for preparation of correspondence and reports.
• Performs routine secretarial functions such as receiving and making telephone calls and facilitating other communication within and outside the Agency, receiving visitors, scheduling appointments and maintaining calendars of meetings, following up on the delivery of repo11s, correspondence and other pending matters, ensuring timely responses to all communications, and making logistical arrangements for official visits to the department.
• Coordinates arrangements for workshops, meetings, seminars etc.
• Works with all team members to uphold excellent standards.
• Acquires documents and maintains the material housed by the Department to which they are assigned, files relevant
documentation and retrieves as directed or required.
• Embraces new ways of working or any new technology.
• Coordinates travel arrangements for staff in collaboration with Logistics Officer in charge of Agency travel.
• Organisational skills, ability to prioritise own workload within timelines and meet deadlines.
• Participates fully in office meetings and records proceedings of meetings, edits and distributes minutes as required.
• Maintains contact information for selected technical groups in CARPHA member countries.
• Prepares documents relating to the procurement of office supplies and other goods and services, validates receipt and prepares requests for cheque payments in accordance with existing financial policies and procedures.
• Arranges for shipment of documents and other materials and assists with packaging as required.
• Performs other related duties as required or instructed, including providing administrative support to other areas of work and departments or teams as assigned.
Kindly refer to the attached Terms of Reference for additional details on the required qualifications, experience and competencies.
Applications, including Job Applicant's Profile Summary Form, Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant documents must be submitted by June 13, 2021 to:
Human Resource Department
Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA)
Federation Park, Newtown 190324