CARPHA's mission is to provide strategic direction, in analysing, defining and responding to public health priorities of Member States, in order to prevent disease, promote health and to respond to public health emergencies. To support solidarity in health, as one of the principal pillars of functional cooperation, in the Caribbean Community.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Processes requests, including coordination and management of the request for quotation from suppliers, and prepares purchase orders through FINICS for local and international procurement of goods and services.
2. Review and approval of purchase request in FINI CS, according to CARPHA procurement procedures.
3. Prepares evaluation reports and justification reports, for quotations submitted.
4. Maintains Purchase Orders filing systems according to CARPHA procurement procedures and for audit.
5. Assists with the movement of documents to and from the department.
6. Liaises with Stores and Customs Broker to monitor the status of incoming and outgoing shipments.
7. Facilitates communication between the department and internal and external customers.
8. Prepares, records and files service contract documents in tracker and purchase order files for the procurement of services.
9. Makes regular visits to suppliers to source and evaluate items for purchase.
10. Follows up with suppliers on the status of their purchase orders and provide timely feedback to user departments and submission of bi-weekly reports.
11. Follows up on invoices and credit notes for payment.
12. Makes necessary local arrangements for insurance claims related to damage and loss of equipment and/or materials, prepares and compiles documents for insurance claims, adjudication reports and license applications and follows up to completion.
13. Prepares routine correspondence, reports and statistics related to the Procurement process.
14. Observes Quality Assurance standards in the procurement of goods and services.
15. Maintains depattment databases.
16. Assists with the packaging and shipment of supplies, including biological specimens in collaboration with laboratory personnel, to CARPHA member countries (CMCs) and other destinations.
17. Pa1ticipates in the development and maintenance of procedure documents.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
Kindly refer to the attached Terms of Reference for additional details on the required qualifications, experience and competencies.
Applications, including Job Applicant's Profile Summary Form, Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant documents must be submitted by June 13, 2021 to:
Human Resource Department
Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA)
Federation Park, Newtown 190324