The Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) is an inter-governmental organisation dedicated to economic harmonisation and integration, protection of human and legal rights, and the encouragement of good governance among independent and non-independent countries in the Eastern Caribbean. Under the Treaty of Basseterre (RTB, 1981) and now The Revised RTB (2010), Member States agree to cooperate with each other and promote unity and solidarity, including participation by Protocol Members in an Economic Union. Read More...
Under the general direction of the Head of Human and Social Services, the Head of the Pooled Procurement & Supply Chain Management will lead the development and transition of the OECS Pharmaceutical Procurement unit into a broader entity responsible for driving the effective and efficient pooled procurement of goods and services creating low cost and best value to the Member States. The Head of Pooled Procurement and Supply Chain Management will provide thought leadership and strategic direction on international supply chain management permitting the OECS to benefit from economies of scale.
A strong change management and relationship thinker, this role will seek opportunities to develop valuable internal and external partnerships to translate strategy into business results.
He/she will develop and lead a high performing team capable of delivering PPS goals, including business performance reporting and administrative services for travel and procurement.
The role will be responsible for creating an environment of trust, open communication and innovative thinking in which teams can be developed and engaged.
The Head of Pooled Procurement Services will:
- Lead the Commissions transition to Pooled Procurement & Supply Chain Management
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Pooled Procurement & Supply Chain Management strategy with a focus on excellence, transparency, risk management and innovation.
- Provide leadership to the development of innovative and change management;
- Design and support in the implementation of an organisational structure capable of driving the agreed functional strategy.
- Drive the assessment, development, and recruitment of talent to support the overall plan.