Under the leadership of the Director of Operations, the Head of Communication is accountable for developing and implementing an effective Communications strategy to support the vision, mission and values of the Commission. A strong relationship and strategic thinker, he/she will drive a multi-channel communications plan that engages the citizens of the OECS and positions the Commission and the Economic Union as a leader in this area.
The role will lead a high performing team and responsible for creating an environment of trust, open communication and innovative thinking in which teams can be developed and engaged.
- Develop and implement an effective Communications strategy
- Create and drive the Communication workplan and budget
- Develop and lead a team of communication, marketing, branding and design professionals to meet the needs of the unit and Commission.
- Manage media relations by building meaningful relationships with media professionals, influencers across all relevant channels, development partners, civil society, business community and internal stakeholders.
- Continue to build the brand voice of the Commission and maintain brand integrity across all platforms.
- Develop and implement branding guidelines for the management and safeguarding of the Commission’s marks such as its Intellectual Property.
- Develop an on-going enhancement of the content of the OECS website,
- Support internal clients to develop media interviews, conference presentations, industry events and awards.
- Track engagement across various platforms and make data-driven decisions to drive the work of the unit and the Commission
- Lead in the creation of digital, video, audio and print content.
- Roll out social media and influencer marketing to boost public awareness.
- Act as the vanguard and ultimate authority who audits all knowledge products published by the Commission, this includes but not limited to: artwork (graphic design and illustration), main and sub-websites, publications, journals, books, manuscripts, flyers, brochures, etc.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to drive a consistent approach to managing communication across the organisation.
- Continuously assess the awareness of the OECS public and other target stakeholders to be able to monitor their perceptions of the OECS Commission and the state of the union.
- Train and advise spokespersons of the Commission on how to manage interactions with the media
- Carry out research and other related matters as maybe required from time to time by the Director of Operations.
- Act as a key member of the management team responsible for the overall development and implementation of the Commissions strategic goals.
- Develop and engage a high performing team by acquiring, developing and engaging talent.
- Act as a coach and mentor for employees of the Communications Unit.
- Partner with leaders and staff of the Commission to identify and develop proactive solutions to eliminate or mitigate organisational risk.
- Build effective relationships based on trust and respect with key internal and external stakeholders to efficiently drive the OECS agenda and imperatives as set out in the RTB.
- Develop strategic alliances with external parties.
- Manage Employee Engagement, Succession and workforce planning within your Unit
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Master’s Degree in relevant discipline plus 5 years management experience
- At least 5 years proven technical experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across multiple levels.
- Strong on brand and storytelling, but also fully understands the marketing funnel, ROI and the importance of executing tightly integrated brand marketing campaigns.
- Data-driven, understands marketing KPI’s, and will lead teams across PR, Events and Graphic Designing to achieve their goals.
- Sound working knowledge and training in: Caribbean cultural dynamics,
- Knowledge of audio-visual production techniques, communication, Management principles.
- Ability to challenge and influence at all levels.
- Applies expert knowledge and broad understanding of multiple disciplines within technical space.
- Ability to analyse problems and recommend a suitable course of action.
- Positive and pragmatic approach to achieving results
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to exercise sound and expert judgment and initiative.
- Excellent report drafting skills.
- Strong negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Ability to analyse problems and recommend workable solutions.
- Positive and pragmatic approach to achieving results
- Drive with Purpose and Vision
- Create an Environment of Trust
- Build Effective Teams
- Ensure Accountability
- Demonstrate Decision Quality
- Communicate Effectively
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The OECS Commission, Castries, St. Lucia. The role of Head, Communications is open to nationals of OECS Member States.
The position is a permanent role subject to satisfactory annual reviews. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and exempt from income taxes. In addition to the basic salary, the post attracts other allowances. The incumbent will be eligible for membership in the Organisation’s non-contributory Group Health and Life Insurance Scheme. Reasonable relocation expenses will be reimbursed where applicable.
Deadline extension for applications: 12 November 2020
Only applications under consideration will be acknowledged.
Click Here to Apply for This Job