The role will plan, structure, lead and drive the Health programme, which will include projects of variable risk and complexity.
The Programme Director actively identifies and solicits opportunities through extensive industry knowledge and relationships to support the Commission’s strategic priorities.
The role will be responsible for creating an environment of trust, open communication and innovative thinking in which teams can be developed and engaged.
More specifically, the Programme Director will be expected to:
- Lead in the development and implementation of a sustainable OECS Health Strategy.
- Lead the planning and coordination of meetings of Council of Ministers of Health and other bodies within the governance of the health programme.
- Identify and solicit opportunities to support the health programme and build technical capacity in the OECS region.
- Partner with the Project Management Office, to lead the successful delivery of projects.
- Apply analysis based on research and interpretive thinking to develop solutions to support the health programme.
- Develop functional information and knowledge products to strengthen and drive the health programme and contribute to the body of research on health in the OECS.
- Plan and design the work programme, monitor its implementation, and initiate appropriate action.
- Provide advice and guidance to stakeholders in areas of health policy, programmes and practice.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders and partners to facilitate the work of the Commission.
- Develop meaningful networks to contribute to the health programme.
- Build technical alliances with industry experts to gain and share knowledge and information about current and future trends.
- Provide leadership to the team by fostering an environment of trust and cohesion.
- Ensure the programme staff conduct their activities in strict observance of the rules and regulations of the OECS Commission and in conformity with related legally binding Agreements.
- Serve as Project Director for all projects that fall within the Health programme.
- Partner with the Communications Unit to develop an effective communication plan to enable the work of the Health programme.
- Develop policies and represent the OECS Commission on policy negotiations and other related matters, within the remit of the Health programme.
- Identify, mitigate and manage risk in keeping with Commission policy.
- Represent the OECS Commission at Regional and International engagements.
- Carry out such other related duties as may be required from time to time by the Head, Human and Social Cluster or Director General.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The OECS Commission, Castries, St. Lucia.
The position is a permanent role subject to satisfactory annual reviews. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and exempt from income taxes. In addition to the basic salary, the post attracts other allowances. The incumbent will be eligible for membership in the Organisation’s non-contributory Group Health and Life Insurance Scheme. Reasonable relocation expenses will be reimbursed where applicable.
Deadline for applications: 29 November 2020
Only applications under consideration will be acknowledged.
Click Here to Apply for this Job