Under the leadership of the Head of International Relations, the Programme Assistant will provide operational and technical support to matters relating to International Relations at the Commission. The Programme Assistant will contribute to the coordination, research, development and implementation of policies and programmes that further the international relations agenda of the Organisation and its Member States in keeping with the provisions of the Revised Treaty of Basseterre Establishing the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) Economic Union
- Provide general administrative support to the International Relations Unit, and administrative oversight to the overseas offices.
- Undertake research and analysis, and provide strategic intelligence in support of the OECS Commission’s relationships with third countries, groups of countries, and international organisations and agencies. The officer will be expected to:
- Prepare background and other strategic documentation in support of the development of the OECS Commission’s relationships with the above-mentioned third parties;
- Contribute to the development of best approaches to establishing contact and development cooperation arrangements with the said third parties;
- Coordinate negotiations in respect of memoranda of understanding, financial and technical cooperation agreements, framework agreements and other cooperation arrangements with the said third parties;
- Assist with the preparation of background reports, country and project briefs, and other strategic documentation;
- Assist with the preparation of political statements, and speeches for delivery by functionaries of the Organisation as may be directed;
- Monitor and report on geopolitical developments at the regional and international levels that are of significance to the Organisation and its Member States, and provide recommendations for their consideration.
- Contribute to the promotion of the strategic and economic security interests of the Member States and the Organisation in key regional and international fora including CARICOM, ACS, CELAC, OAS, UN, EU and AU.
- Liaise actively with OECS overseas offices/missions in furthering the international relations agenda of the Organization and the Member States.
- Liaise with groups outside of the Organisation to disseminate information on its operations, or to obtain information in support of its work.
- Coordinate meetings or participate in any support capacity as may be required.
- Liaise with third parties in the furtherance of the mandate of the Revised Treaty of Basseterre.
- Assist the Head of Unit in the design of Annual Work Programmes and prepare periodic reports for the International Relations Unit.
- Coordinate the logistics and any other arrangements in support of special events undertaken by the International Relations Unit.
- Assist with the design and implementation of programmes geared toward the development of institutional capacity in the conduct of international relations and diplomacy at the national and regional levels.
- Carry out other assigned tasks and provide other technical and administrative support as may be required in furtherance of the mandates of the Organisation, as directed by the Head of Unit or the Director General.
The deadline for all submissions is Friday 2nd July 2021. All future employee must apply through this link.