DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the execution of Agency goals, strategic plan, associated policies and procedures and work programmes for CARICOM IMPACS in collaboration with the Executive and key management and professional personnel;
• Assists in the preparation of annual budgetary proposals for the approval of the Council of Ministers;
• Develops the strategic plan and work programmes for the JRCC in collaboration with the executive, management and professional personnel attached to IMPACS and its sub-agencies;
• Develops the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and key performance indicators for the Centre;
• Monitors the day-to-day functions and operations of the various Departments and Units at the Centre;
• Serves as a liaison between CARICOM, Regional and International Law Enforcement Agencies;
• Serves as the main contact for the Advance Passenger Information System (APIS) and Advance Cargo Information System (ACIS) of air and sea carriers entering, departing and/or operating within CARICOM and any other system which is introduced;
• Provides advice, support and guidance to CARICOM Visa, Border Security agencies, Law Enforcement agencies and Head of Departments/Managers on operational matters and matters of security interest;
• Conducts needs assessments from both a process and systems perspective and develops proposals for the institutional strengthening of the Centre;
• Recommends new systems to maintain and or increase the operational efficiency of the JRCC;
• Assists in the coordination of all aspects of the training and development for JRCC personnel;
• Conducts performance reviews for direct reports.
• Oversees the Disaster Preparedness and Crisis Management activities at the Centre;
• Represents the Agency at negotiations, meetings, workshops, conventions, seminars and so on as required;
• Prepares various reports; and
• Undertakes other duties which may arise or as may be delegated from time to time, appropriate to the grade of the post.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
All applications are to be received by CARICOM IMPACS no later than 30 NOVEMBER 2021 and must include nationality, work experience, educational qualifications, summary of professional skills, the contact information of three (3) references (at least two of whom are familiar with your work or education), and other relevant information via any of the following:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; or
• Mail: The Executive Director PO BOX 4585 PORT-OF-SPAIN, TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
ONLINE APPLICATIONS ARE STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
CARICOM IMPACS would like to thank all persons for applying and expressing their interest to work at the Agency, however, ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted