REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL SELECTION)
COUNTRY – Trinidad and Tobago
OECS Regional Health Project
Loan No. IDA-D5120
Project No.: P168539
Assignment Title: Development of Course by Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) Course Development
Reference No. TT-CARPHA-227473-CS-INDV
The Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the OECS Regional Health Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include the development of a 4-week training course: “Management of Health Emergencies” using an online modality, targeted towards public health care professionals who are part of National Incident Management teams and those who will be deployed for emergency response in the Caribbean Region.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment is attached to this request for expressions of interest. (See Annex A)
The Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) now invites eligible consulting individuals (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria is as follows:
Qualification Requirements for the Key Expert
- At least a Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Applied Epidemiology, or related field
- Five (5) years’ experience in the management of emergency preparedness and response
- At least 7 (seven) years relevant and practical professional experience related to outbreak investigation and field epidemiology
- Working knowledge of work-based training and education programmes
- Sound knowledge of training and evaluation methods and techniques
- Five (5) years’ experience and demonstrated competencies with developing field epidemiology material, outbreak investigation case studies and health management training
- Training or degree in online instructional design, training and development, education or a related field.
- At least 2 years’ specific experience in developing online training and exposure to the Learning Management System (LMS) Moodle.
- Excellent knowledge of English – written and spoken
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use software programmes such as Microsoft Office suite of tools including SharePoint
- Demonstrated experience with online platforms and relevant web-based software.
- A sound understanding of public health issues along with the cultural and political challenges faced by Caribbean territories as demonstrated by involvement in projects treating with public health issues
- Experience working with Caribbean countries will be an asset
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment (i.e., 3.17 of the Procurement Regulations).
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Selection Method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 8:00am to 4:00pm Mondays to Fridays.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below by e-mail by 25th June 2021.
Caribbean Public Health Agency
Kern Cassell – Procurement Officer
16-18 Jamaica Boulevard, Federation Park
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago