REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL SELECTION)
COUNTRY – Trinidad and Tobago
OECS Regional Health Project
Loan No. IDA-D5120
Project No.: P168539
Assignment Title: Technical Support and Maintenance for the DHIS2 platform
Reference No. TT-CARPHA-224888-CS-INDV
The Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the OECS Regional Health Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) is to ensure that the proper elements and commitments are in place to provide consistent DHIS2 service, maintenance of the platform and to provide support and services delivery to the CARPHA IT Manager CARPHA Information Technology Services (ITS) Team. This Consultancy is expected to commence in 2021 for a total period of about nine (9) months.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment is attached to this request for expressions of interest. (See Annex A)
The Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) now invites eligible consulting individuals (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria is as follows:
Qualification Requirements for the Key Expert
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Software Engineering or equivalent from an accredited University.
- Knowledge of the DHIS2 application
- Knowledge of Ubuntu Server Management
- Knowledge of Containerisation using LINUX Container Hypervisor (LXD)
- Knowledge of Logical Volume Management (LVM) LINUX
- Knowledge of the PostgreSQL database management
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working with DHIS2 (uploading, testing, and supporting content in multiple formats) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent organizational, project management, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English – written and spoken
- Broad knowledge of Moodle LMS industry language, standards, and ability to communicate with CARPHA ITS and vendors regarding interfaces, system requirements and problem solving.
- A sound understanding of setting up registries or repositories and electronic surveillance systems
- Experience working with Caribbean countries will be an asset
- The Consultant must be independent and free from conflicts of interests with respect to the assignment of responsibilities.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment (i.e., 3.17 of the Procurement Regulations).
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Selection Method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 8:00am to 4:00pm Mondays to Fridays. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below by e-mail by September 3rd, 2021.
Caribbean Public Health Agency
Kern Cassell – Procurement Officer
16-18 Jamaica Boulevard, Federation Park
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago