Since the start of the pandemic in March 2020, CariPHLN has focused on providing:
- Educational webinars for more than 400 laboratory professionals on the approach for laboratory diagnostics and operational considerations for the safe and secure manipulation of specimens. Participants from public health, hospital, regional, private and research laboratories, teaching and other institutions across 17 CMS (Aruba, Antigua & Barbuda, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Curaçao, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Montserrat, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Maarten, St. Vincent, Suriname and Trinidad and Tobago) benefitted from four sessions conducted to date. Click to view the presentations
- Data for action by the Regional COVID-19 Expert Advisory Group on measures to support national laboratory systems through a Rapid Survey of Laboratory Capacities in the CARPHA Member States to Respond to COVID-19 in May 2020
- Regular bulletins and wide circulation of situation reports, technical guidelines, publications, and tools available from other networks and international health partners including WHO/PAHO, US CDC, CPHLN, IFBA, among others. Read our CariPHLN Bulletins
In Rapid Response to Hurricane Maria in September 2017, the CariPHLN Secretariat
- Mobilized with members of the network to support getting laboratories back online (e.g. Dominica, Cayman Islands, Grenada, St. Lucia, CARPHA)
- Provided the damage assessment checklist and supplies with the deployed CARPHA field responder.
- Continued communication and support during recovery